This exercise is a regression (easier version) of pullups.
Rowing helps with:
- Pulling things towards you
- Carrying shipping
- Improving your posture
What it works:
Upper Back (latissimus dorsi, trapezius, rhomboids), Biceps, Forearms
- Take an underhand (or overhand if specified) grip of a bar that is set around waist height.
- Stretch yourself out underneath the bar (see pictures).
- Pull your chest up to the bar and squeeze your shoulder blades together (chest forward, shoulder back).
- Lower yourself under control until your arms are fully straightened and then repeat step 3 and so on.
- Move your feet in and out to adjust the difficulty of the exercise (closer in = easier, further out = harder).