This cake is very filling so you won’t need a giant slice. It is so good that you could feed it to your most fussy relative without hearing a complaint. Just don’t tell them it’s healthy.
- 3 cups Almond Meal
- 2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 Tbsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp All Spice
- 1/4 cup Grapeseed Oil (Macadamia Oil works well too)
- 2 Tbsp Honey, heaped
- 5 Eggs
- 3 cups grated Carrot
- 1 cup Raisins
- 1 cup chopped Walnuts
- 250g block Cream Cheese
- 1-2 Tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 1 Tbsp Honey, heaped
- 1/2 Lemon, squeezed
- Preheat oven to 160 C
- Grease two 9 inch circular cake pans with butter
- In one bowl combine all of the dry ingredients (almond meal, sea salt, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, all spice).
- In another bowl whisk together the wet ingredients (honey, grapeseed oil, eggs).
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix well.
- Fold in raisins, carrots and walnuts.
- Scoop the mixture evenly into the two cake pans.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a knife comes out clean.
- Combine butter, cream cheese, honey and lemon juice.
- Mix together well, you may need to leave it out for a while to soften.
- Spread over the top of the first cake and leave a dollop in the middle.
- Place the other cake on top like a sandwich. Use the rest of the icing on top.