These almond butter bars can be eaten as a snack or broken up and eaten with yogurt for breakfast. They taste pretty great too. Be sure to check out my tip on making more almond butter yourself rather then using a whole jar.
- 1 cup Almond butter (see tip)
- 1 cup Sunflower seeds
- 1 cup Raisins or sultanas or dried cranberries
- 1 cup Walnuts or pecans
- 1 cup Coconut
- 2 heaped tablespoons Honey
Tip: Almond butter can be quite expensive to buy. You can turn a couple of tablespoons of almond butter into a cup by food processing a cup of almonds with the almond butter. Process on high until a butter consistency is achieved.
Add more or less honey to vary sweetness.
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Heat the almond butter and honey together in a pan until melted and well mixed.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the dried fruit, coconut, sunflower seeds and nuts.
- Pour the almond butter and honey into the bowl and mix well with dry ingredients.
- Pour into a buttered 9×13 inch casserole dish or baking tin.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes until cooked through.
- Allow to cool and then cut into squares.