Also on grain-free pizza night we made a coconut flour pizza crust. To spruce it up a little we used an eggplant topping.
This base is very filling so make sure you make it nice and thin. On the taste side it has a drier taste than a normal flour pizza crust sp make sure you add some sloppy toppings.
Grain-Free Grilled Eggplant Pizza
- 1/3 cup Coconut flour
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbspn Flax meal
- 4 eggs
- Dash of Sea salt
- 3/4 cup Mozzarella cheese
- Homemade tomato pizza sauce
- Cherry tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celcius.
- Place all of the base ingredients except the mozzarella cheese into the food processor. We just used the little one that came with our bar mix.
- Wizz the ingredients up until there are no more lumps.
- Fold in the grated mozzarella.
- Bake for 25 minutes in a baking paper lined tray or pizza tray. The top should be browning.
- Chop the eggplant into 1cm thick slices. Place side by side on a foil lines tray.
- Season the eggplant with pepper and herbs.
- Place in the griller on high for 5-6 minutes until eggplant is soft and browning.
- Rub the homemade sauce onto the now cooked pizza base.
- Pop the frilled eggplant on top.
- Add halved cherry tomatos, mozarella and parmesan to your personal taste.
- Bake on 180 degrees C for 20-30 minutes until cooked.