UPDATE: I’ve since made this again and tried something a little extra. Try adding dried coriander and oregano when you add the spices for some extra flavour.
I love Mexican food. All of the cheese, meat and spicey flavours mix together into some awesome flavours.
Unfortunately, going Primal means that you can kiss traditional wheat or corn tortilla’s goodbye (unless you check out Mark Sisson’s alternative recipe in his Cookbook).
However, this does not mean that Mexican food is no longer within your grasp. Enter, the Taco Salad. Traditionally this recipe comes with corn chips, we’re gonna forget about those though and focus on the other flavours instead.
- 500g ground beef or bison
- 1/2 an onion
- 1 tin kidney beans
- Grated Tasty cheese
- Chop up the onion and brown in a fry pan with some coconut oil.
- Add the mince to the fry pan and brown up.
- Add kidney beans, paprika, cumin, chilli and 1/2 cup water. Simmer on low heat until liquid has boiled down.
How to eat it
- Dice the tomatos and chop the lettuce
- Add the meat mixture and then the grated cheese.
- Serve with Taco sauce and sour cream. We just used the jar variety Taco sauce, hence this only being semi-Primal. You could also add some home made guacamole.